The Garden Tomb: “News and Prayer”
Please join us in giving thanks for:
- Our team of local and international staff and volunteers
- Visitors to the Garden Tomb from all over the world
This week I received a letter from 3 UK students, following their visit to the garden last week. They wrote: “We felt the Garden Tomb was a really peaceful, joyful environment and the way the guide showed us around was amazing. He did not forcefully evangelise to us, but given where we were he cheerfully explained what the site meant to him and how it could mean it to us. It was also so obvious, as we walked around, that the family you have at the Garden Tomb are truly brothers and sisters, which was a joy to see”.
Please pray for:
- Safety in and around the Garden Tomb.
- Transformed lives: that people will encounter the Risen Christ as they tour the Garden, view Skull Hill, and consider the Empty Tomb. Week by week we receive encouragement from visitors as they share their experience in the garden – we pray that this steady trickle of blessing will become a flood of transformation and redemption.
- GT Volunteers: with us at the moment we have Kieran Ryan, David + Sibyl Curry, Sharon Poon, Martin+ Sue Hines, Frank and Jenny Sudworth, Catarina Sherman and Mike + Carol Bubonovich.
- Local staff: the GT Management, Reception Admin and Finance staff, Shop staff, Gardeners, Housekeepers and Cleaners. Together we seek to serve all who visit, praying that they might encounter the Risen Christ in the Garden; and also through, us as we welcome and serve them.
- The Trustees, as they continue to guide and oversee the Ministry of the Garden Tomb
- Completion of the Shop Renovation before the start of the busy autumn season. We are on schedule to reopen the shop during the first week of September
Finally please continue to pray for the Peace of Jerusalem, and particularly for:
- Believers living in The Land
- Visitors who come to Jerusalem every day from around the world.
- Political and religious leaders, and decision-makers
I Tim 2: 1-4 “I urge that petitions, prayers, intercessions, and thanksgiving be offered on behalf of all men; for kings and all those in authority, so that we may lead tranquil and quiet lives in all godliness and dignity. This is good and pleasing in the sight of God our Savior, who desires all men to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth”