The Garden Tomb: “News and Prayer”
This Easter weekend we anticipate around 3000 people attending the 3 Sunday worship services. There is also a Good Friday service at 9am. March is set to be the busiest month ever at the Garden Tomb, and by the end of the month we will have welcomed around 47,000 people.
Please pray for:
- The Volunteer Team: with us at the moment we have Catarina Sherman, Omer + Debora Thomassetti, Boyd Huff, Maureen Hodges, Peter + Yvonne Attwood, Jürgen+ Dawn Kleinloh, Coby Stoorvogel; Pang Fong + Sok Ching, Linda Andreasson, Joe Armstrong, and Carlen Toma. They join Cesar Joao and Brian + Lynette Nibbe, who are with us on a long-term basis.
- The Easter weekend services: RT Kendal is the speaker at our Easter services. On Good Friday there will be a 9am service in the garden, after which the garden will be open all day for quiet reflection. On Easter Sunday there are English language services at 6:30am and 9:30am, followed by a Scandinavian service at 11:30am. The 6:30am service can be viewed live via a link on the Easter page of our website, www.gardentomb.com and will continue to be available for viewing throughout the year.
- The New Garden Tomb website: we anticipate the new website will ‘go-live’ at the beginning of April – more news next week! The address remains the same gardentomb.com
- ‘Hebrew Messiah’: on 26th April we are hosting a performance of ‘Handel’s Messiah’ in Hebrew. Our hope and prayer is to see many local people come to the event – the first of its kind at the Garden Tomb. 300 seats are available, and you can find more details on the Garden Tomb website.
- Transformed lives: our prayer is that people will encounter the Risen Christ in the Garden; and that lives will be changed by that encounter.
John 12:31-32: Jesus said –“Now is the time for judgment on this world; now the prince of this world will be driven out. And I, when I am lifted up from the earth, will draw all people to myself.”