Our current prayer needs are as follows:
Challenges and Opportunities in 2017
- ‘Nablus Road Open Days’: from 4th to 6th May the Garden Tomb are participating in this event which is organised by the Palestine Hotels Association. The event will run for 3 days from 4 p.m. to 8 p.m. Along with a number of other institutions in Nablus Road we are inviting local people to visit the garden. We will be giving tours in Arabic, and handing out Arabic language leaflets, explaining who Jesus is, why He died, and the good news of His resurrection. Last year was the first time that this event took place and we were overwhelmed by the response and interest of local people. Over the 3 days we welcomed more than 1,500 local people to the garden, and we are looking forward to welcoming large numbers again this year. We invite you to join us in praying that many people will hear and understand the good news of God’s love revealed in Jesus.
- The Garden Tomb Shop Renovation started this week, and will continue through the summer. We are excited at the prospect of improving a facility which is integral to the ministry of the garden. We will continue to offer our visitors a good selection of goods to buy, and will be opening a temporary shop in one of the meeting areas whilst the shop renovation is under way. Please pray for everyone involved in the planning and execution of this important project, and particularly for Simon Sa’ad and his wonderful team of tradesmen who will be on-site for the next 4 months.
- Security: following the tragic murder of Hannah Bladon in Jerusalem two weeks ago we ask you to join us in praying for the peace of the Jerusalem – its residents, and the many thousands of people who visit very day. The political situation remains tense, and there is always the danger of random attacks, so please pray for protection and peace.
- The Garden Tomb Team. Pray for our local staff, and the ever-changing volunteer team. Though we have many people applying to volunteer in the shop and as guides, we are particularly looking for people able to speak Mandarin, Indonesian/Malay, Spanish and Portuguese; in addition to English.
Impact: please pray for:
- Daily empowering of the Holy Spirit for all Garden Tomb staff as they welcome and serve our visitors
- Boldness and sensitivity for the guides as they speak about the garden, and about the death and resurrection of Jesus the Messiah
- Skill and creativity for our garden, maintenance and housekeeping teams: that the beauty of the garden might bless all who visit
We pray that everyone who visits the Garden Tomb will be blessed, encouraged and challenged by the Witness and Worship experienced in the garden
- Local staff and overseas volunteers: that our unity and love will be evident to all
- Volunteer recruitment: we want, as much as possible, to ‘make Christ known’ to visitors in their own language. We aim to recruit volunteers who speak the languages of our visitors