The Garden Tomb: “News and Prayer”
We continue to give thanks to the Lord for an amazing season of blessing.
The Lights in Bethlehem were switched on at the weekend to officially announce the season of Advent as Christians prepare to focus on the real purpose and meaning of Christmas in the land. November was indeed amazing with over 45,000 visitors – already December figures are promising.
Please pray for:
- GT Volunteers: Henk + Nelly Di have just left. John + Ann Hooper, Anthony Keast and Graham + Ruth Hadfield leave next week. Arriving shortly are Bertil + Gun Vik, along with two new volunteers, Alex Umana and Linda Andreassen who will join Gene + Phyllis Ulrich and Alison Laing here over Christmas and New Year. They will be working alongside Cesar, Joao and Gerard who are here all year, serving the French, Spanish and Portuguese speaking visitors.
- Garden Renovations: continue to progress very quickly ahead of the rainy period. We give thanks for Simon and his team for their diligence and hard work, as they carrying out extensive renovations with the construction of a new pathway to Skull Hill. Pray especially for Simon, who underwent surgery for a hernia two weeks ago, but is now back in hospital having undergone a second operation to remove a cyst. Please pray for a speedy recovery and full health.
- The Garden Tomb Director and Trustees; will meet on the 14th December. Please pray for wisdom and vision as they seek Gods’ priorities and direction for the ministry of the Garden Tomb in 2018, and beyond.
- Health and Safety: Please pray for the Garden Tomb team as the cold wet winter season is upon us – some are already down with flu and respiratory problems. Please pray also that the operational capability of the garden will not be affected, as we continue to welcome and serve the visitors.
- The visitors: We are very privilege to have the freedom to preach the Gospel daily in this garden. Please continue to join us in praying for all who come here that they will personally encounter the “Risen Lord”.
Finally please continue to pray for the Peace of Jerusalem, and particularly for:
- Believers living in The Land
- Political and religious leaders, and other decision-makers
Isaiah 9: 6 “For unto us a Child is born, Unto us a Son is given; And the government will be upon His shoulder. And His name will be called Wonderful, Counsellor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace”.