The Garden Tomb: “News and Prayer”
A new year has started, and visitor numbers continue to rise beyond the same period last year. We are planning to open longer hours by the end of February; and are also recruiting additional staff and volunteers.
Please pray for:
- The Volunteer Team: Alison Laing, Bertil and Gun Vik, Linda Andreasson, Ron + Cindy Youde and Ellie, Joao; and James + Joan Schafer. Cesar and Maria are visiting family in South America but will return in February.
- The local staff: for health and strength, both physical and spiritual; that we will faithfully serve the visitors, and will effectively ‘proclaim Christ Crucified and Raised to Life’. Pray that we will be able to recruit the additional staff we need for the reception and shop teams.
- The Trustees and Management Team: as we plan and prepare for the year ahead.
- T Projects: this year we are refreshing and upgrading the GT website, as well as developing a complex on-line bookings system to enable us to deal with the ever-increasing number of visitor bookings.
- Transformed lives: that people will encounter the Risen Christ in the Garden. Pray that many more people will come to faith, or finding their faith is renewed and strengthened, as they tour the garden.
- Health and Safety:Pray that the Garden Tomb team will be protected from all illness and injury, and that our strength will be renewed daily.
- Pray for the Peace of Jerusalem; and for the people of The Land – particularly the believers.
1 Corinthians 1: 21-24 “God was pleased through the foolishness of what was preached to save those who believe. Jews demand signs and Greeks look for wisdom, but we preach Christ crucified: a stumbling block to Jews and foolishness to Gentiles, but to those whom God has called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God and the wisdom of God.”.