The Garden Tomb: “News and Prayer”
We give thanks to the Lord for an amazing season of blessing and expansion.
By the end of October we will have seen over 40,000 visitors in one month for the first time in the garden’s history [as far as we know]. On one day in October we had 3,650 visitors and a worship service attended by 2,100 people. All praise to the Lord for His blessing and favour.
Please join with us in praying for the empowering and wisdom of the Holy Spirit as we serve these people; declaring the Good News of Jesus’ death and resurrection, and the salvation that flows from Him to the nations.
Please pray for:
- Transformed lives: we pray that people will encounter the Risen Christ as they tour the Garden. Almost every day we get news of people coming to faith as they tour the garden, or finding their faith is renewed and strengthened as they celebrate and break bread afterwards. We pray that this stream will become a flood!
- GT Volunteers: with us now are Omer + Debora Thomassetti, Brian + Lynette Nibbe, Ken Newberry, Paul + Dawn Doble, Boyd + Deb Huff, Mark Aldridge, Dennis + Sharon Braner, and Henk + Nelly Dik. They work alongside Cesar and Joao who are here all year, serving the Spanish and Portuguese speaking visitors
- Local staff: together with the volunteers we seek to serve all who visit, praying that they might encounter the Risen Christ in the Garden, and also in us as we welcome and serve them.
- The Garden Tomb Trustees: pray for wisdom and vision as they continue to seek God’s direction for the ministry of the Garden Tomb.
- Health and Safety: Pray that the Garden Tomb team will be protected from all illness and injury, and that our strength will be renewed daily.
Join us in giving thanks for:
- Transformed lives,
- Amazing blessing
- God’s faithful provision in every situation, and for every need.
Finally please continue to pray for the Peace of Jerusalem, and particularly for:
- Believers living in The Land
- Political and religious leaders, and other decision-makers
Revelation 21:3 “And I heard a loud voice from the throne saying, “Behold, the dwelling place of God is with man. He will dwell with them, and they will be his people, and God himself will be with them as their God”.