The Garden Tomb: “News and Prayer”
During February visitor numbers have increased significantly. Some days in early March we already have more than 2,000 booked in, so from 26th February we will be opening longer hours – from 8 am to 8 pm, Monday to Saturday.
Please pray for:
- The Volunteer Team: with us at the moment we have Ron + Cindy Youde and Ellie, James + Joan Schafer, Catarina Sherman, Omer + Debora Thomassetti, Boyd Huff, Andrew +Chris Haines and Maureen Hodges.
- The Management Team: Stephen [Director] Kieran [Logistics Manager], Phillip [Operations Manager], Chin-Won [Business and Finance Manager]; and Nellie + Matilda [Shop Managers].
- IT Projects: we are upgrading the Garden Tomb website, as well as developing an on-line bookings system.
- Building projects: we are nearing completion of significant alterations to the pathway to Skull Hill, including landscaping the surrounding gardens; and are in the process of renovating the visitor toilets.
- Influence for good: all our visitors are equally important, but we do find ourselves leading tours for ‘people of influence’. Please pray that we recognize and take every opportunity to point leaders to the ‘King of Kings’ and ‘Lord of Lords’.
- Transformed lives: that people will encounter the Risen Christ in the Garden. We want to see many more people come to faith, or have their faith renewed and strengthened as they tour the garden.
- Pray for the Peace of Jerusalem; and for the people of the Land – particularly the believers.
Timothy 2: 1-6: “I urge, then, first of all, that petitions, prayers, intercession and thanksgiving be made for all people – for leaders and all those in authority, that we may live peaceful and quiet lives in all godliness and holiness. This is good, and pleases God our Saviour, who wants all people to be saved and to come to a knowledge of the truth: for there is one God and one mediator between God and mankind, the man Christ Jesus, who gave himself as a ransom for all people. ”