The Garden Tomb: “News and Prayer”
We give thanks to the Lord for an amazing season of blessing.
In October we welcomed 43,600 visitors to the garden – the most we have ever seen in one month. It looks likely that we will exceed this number in November!
Join with us in praying for the power, love and wisdom of the Holy Spirit as we serve the people; declaring the Good News of Jesus’ death and resurrection.
Please pray for:
- Transformed lives: that people will encounter the Risen Christ as they tour the Garden. Almost every day we get news of people coming to faith, or finding their faith is renewed and strengthened as they celebrate and break bread after their tour. Our prayer is that the increase in numbers will be matched by an increase in lives transformed by the risen Christ!
- GT Volunteers: with us now are Brian + Lynette Nibbe, Boyd + Deb Huff, Henk + Nelly Dik, Graham + Ruth Hadfield, Gene + Phyllis Ulrich, John + Ann Hooper and Anthony Keast.
They work alongside Cesar and Joao who are here all year, serving the Spanish and Portuguese speaking visitors.
- Local staff: we have 17 permanent staff working at the Garden Tomb – Steve + Sue Bridge, Phillip Ben Shmuel, Chin-Won Lee, Matilda Khoury, Nellie and Peter Spaander, Mirjam Brustad, Emanuel Smilovici, Fadia Saad, Christen Jackson, Raneen Kort, Riekie Neeb, Lubna Sabbagh, Linda Sahagian, Fadi Zoughbi and Renata Rivkin. Please pray for health and strength, both physical and spiritual; and that we will faithfully demonstrate our ‘Unity in Christ’.
- The Garden Tomb Trustees; and the Management Team: pray for wisdom and vision as they continue to seek God’s direction for the ministry of the Garden Tomb.
- Health and Safety: Pray that the Garden Tomb team will be protected from all illness and injury, and that our strength will be renewed daily.
Finally please continue to pray for the Peace of Jerusalem, and particularly for:
- Believers living in The Land
- Political and religious leaders, and other decision-makers
Isaiah 60: 1-3 “Arise, shine, for your light has come, and the glory of the Lord rises upon you. See, darkness covers the earth and thick darkness is over the peoples, but the Lord rises upon you and his glory appears over you. Nations will come to your light, and kings to the brightness of your dawn”.